Aircraft's design and features
The plane is built according to "all wing" scheme with the tail section of extended surface and pilot-passenger cabin in the front.
The main part of the aircraft is the diskshaped centerplane with the central tunnel where the cargo cabin and propeller system are located. The cantilevered wing parts are positioned on each side of the centerplane.
Takeoff and landing device is placed underneath in the shape of inflatable landing torus which serves as an enclosure for air cushion, wheel and ski bearers and gliding surfaces: redan under pilot-passenger cabin and hydraulic wing behind the centerplane.
This universal takeoff and landing device makes possible any off-field operations from water, marshy and snow covered surfaces, any ground.
Located at the rear end of the centerplane propulsion propeller engines produce steady air stream on the tail section thus increasing aircraft's reliability and safety in various flight modes and in case of engine failure.
The aircraft has the following features:
· availability of the propeller engine along with the propulsion engine ultimately results in shorter takeoff and landing;
· diskshaped centerplane serves not only as a cargo area but creates aerodynamic ascensional force during flight;
· the glider is almost totally made of composite materials with the use of three layered wraps with foam and honeycomb fillers, that 1,5-2 times bring down the dead load in comparison with metal structures;
· separate cargo cabin along with pilot-passenger one excludes all costs for converting the latter into cargo cabin;
· availability of the universal takeoff and landing device makes any seasonal changes unnecessary;
· outer cantilevered wing parts can be folded which makes possible its transportation by land or by air.
Major aircraft performance characteristics
|Flight characteristics |
|Cruising speed, km/h
|Unstick speed, km/h
||up to 3 |
|Range ability: |
|- maximim load, km
||up to 1000 |
|- ferrying with 2 pilots aboard, km
|Ground run, m/m
|Noise level EPN, db
||FAR 36 |
|Propulsion (type, number of engines and power, h/p)
|Lifting (type, number of engines and power, h/p)
|Lifting propeller diameter, m
|Lifting propeller load, daN/m2
|Masses and loads
|Takeoff mass, kg
|Zero fuel mass, kg
|Fuel load, kg
|or passenger load, people
|Centerplane disk diameter, m
|Takeoff and landing conditions |
ground, water, marsh, snow, ice, conventional airstrip, etc.
airplane and air cushion device